CAS DIY Cards!

Hello, everyone!

I am back with some clean and simple cards (completely out of my forte) but I totally enjoyed it. Colorful birthday cards make every birthday better. These colorful ribbon party cards are made using a technique I’ve loved for years – only made even better with bright colorful paper scraps! A fun project for finishing off spring birthday parties. You can also design birthday invites, banners, and party favours!
I made these cute cards for We Are Real Moms' September Challenge's DIY Game Night to celebrate the birthday month of a very special little one: Little Laddoo here. 



Things you would need:
  • Colourful cardstocks/scraps/bright coloured patterned papers
  • Paper adhesive
  • Foam tape
  • Scissor
  • Shaker filler material (sequins, seed beads, glitter, etc.)Clear acetate
  • Epoxy dots
  • White cardstock 200-250gsm
Tutorial:
CARD #1

1.Cut out the card base in the shape of a triangle to replicate a birthday hat and another layer to create the window. I chose pastel colours for my card.


2.Cut a piece of clear acetate about 0.5” larger than the shaker window cutout. Center the acetate over the back of the cutout and adhere the acetate to the cardstock.




3.Add foam tape around the entire border of the window cutout, making sure that there aren't any gaps in the tape where bits and pieces of filler could work their way through after the card is assembled.
4.Remove the backing from the foam tape. Then, add the shaker fill in the center. You can also add the shaker fill before removing the foam tape backing. It's your preference.
5. Since the card front is smaller than a full-size A2 card, it can be tricky (and messy) to try and line things up blindly. To remedy this tricky situation, I place a second card base underneath the card front and line it up just how I want it. Then, I line the main card base up over the second card base and press down firmly. Voila, perfect alignment every time!


CARD #2
I always use paper left outs from other projects to create paper embellishments, which I can later use to create simple cards when I am in a rush. It's a smart time-saving hack when you want to make pretty things in a few minutes.


I created a second design of the shaker card using exactly the same process (Card #1)





Hope you have fun creating them!
Thanks for stopping by,
BK
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts